Baby oil is a favorite product of moms to use to keep their infant’s skin soft and smooth.
But it is very easy to drop a bottle of baby oil especially after the first rub down. Obviously, oil is slippery. It is very likely for us to spill the oil all toddler smocked dresses, as well as your clothes. Removing such stain can be so frustrating.
Here’s a guide on how to remove baby oil stains on toddler smocked clothes:
- Rub a small amount of dishwashing soap into the smocked dresses. Use an old toothbrush to rub the stained and get the oil out faster.
- Rinse the stained area well under water. You should be able to wash away both the baby oil and the dishwashing liquid solution.
- Pretreat the stain on kid clothes with a laundry prewash stain remover.
- Wash the garment in the hottest water to thoroughly remove the stain.
- If the stain persists, repeat the steps. Do not put the garment in the dryer unless the stain is completely washed away. This will make the stain harder to remove.
For special fabrics such as wool and silk, read the instruction tag first before laundering.